Geographic Span: Regional: Oregon, Washington, Idaho, British Columbia
Philosophy: “Minimize environmental impacts, preserve agricultural fertility and sustain economic viability for generations to come.”
Practices: LIVE takes a whole-farm and whole-winery approach to sustainability. The entire property, including non-grape crops, landscaping, building operations, labor practices and packaging must be managed by LIVE standards.
LIVE practices include but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining a high level quality fruit production
- Implementing practices that reduce reliance on synthetic chemicals and fertilizers
- Encouraging responsible stewardship of the land, maintaining natural fertility and ecosystem stability
- Promoting sustainable farming practices that maintain biological diversity in the whole farm
- Maintaining high standards of worker health, safety and benefits
Note: Salmon-Safe requirements are embedded in LIVE certification standards.
For more information: https://livecertified.org/